Monday, March 9, 2009

Two Years Down......Still A "Single" Status.....!!!

420 intake.380 boys and 40 gals. This is what every fresher’s joining NITR never anticipate. Unlike school where the ratio was 1:1, but 10:1 in NITR. Every freshman joins the first class in the institute not to be the next “EINSTEIN” but more like the “Curious Case Of BENJAMIN” to find out “What’s In Store” and “How Many”. This is where many lose their hope and like “Domino Effect” this 10:1 results in attendance shortage then grade back then a very low GPA and finally a increment in frustration level. Everyone try their level best to the backbone. Many make ducks and drakes of several chances, finally landing up in crisis. But in the end its the “Luck By Chance” game where the flimsy and tenuous guys get the ambrosia(well-favoured GF) and the brawny and hefty guys the trashy mess food(weird looking girls)[:(].Still there are others who find it hard to get some food. The gateway to the Promised Land (Ladies Hostel) being closed beyond 10 pm one needs a alternative to get connected with those sitting inside the barricades. This is where GTalk-A metier comes as a saviour. Rather than writing c codes in 1st year, most of us are busy searching for female ids in ORKUT. And I’m being one of them. But the problem with GTalk is that you can’t see the other person you are busy with, unlike yahoo or msn messenger.
Falling in love is one of the most easiest thing in the world, I know because I have done it thousands of time”. This is the primary mantra of every UG. Same being with me I too like others, used to fall in love with every female id I had. Until one day................!!!!(here it goes how it happened).
Three semesters down. After dateless try, still I was having a “Single” status over ORKUT profile. Every day was passing by with a surge of increased frustration level. Until one day I realised it’s the “destiny calling”. It was winter of 2k9 that’s Jan. I finished my siesta, had my food, opened the lid of my laptop, clicked on GTalk and finally signed in. Eventually, a long list of online friends,. I scrolled down to find some young lady. Tough luck!!! A deserted look. [:(] Only guys with, droll linguistic expression, some with excerpts copied from others verbatim, and others with mumbo-jumbo to be more specific “chhattu” custom messages. GTalk in simple words is solely a bachelor’s land. You won’t ever find committed couples hovering inside GTalk. thats good for me. GTalk itself shortlist single chap and miss [:)]. Failed to found any girls I signed out of it to try a bit hard to soar-up my GPA.
....................................................................................................................................(To Be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment